2019 CFF National Championships – U15, Cadet, Junior, University, Senior, Veterans (40+), Senior Team
Organized by the Canadian Fencing Federation, in partnership with the Quebec Fencing Federation and the Estoc Fencing Club of Quebec.
Friday, May 17th – Monday, May 20th, 2019 (four days)
Québec City Convention Centre
1000, boul. René-Lévesque Est
Québec (Québec) G1R 5T8
Hilton Quebec City
Special CFF group rates are offered as follows:
- Downtown City View & Parliament View
$173 per night, CAD / single or double occupancy, plus taxes
- Old-Quebec River View
$173.00 per night, CAD / single or double occupancy, plus taxes
- Executive Floors
*Includes the access to the Executive Lounge, breakfast, snacks and beverages and cash bar services
$234.00 per night, CAD / single occupancy, plus taxes
$254.00 per night, CAD / double occupancy, plus taxes
For triple or quadruple occupancy, $25 per person will be added to the room rate. (Not applicable for child under 17 years sharing an adult room).
These rates are valid two (2) days before and two (2) days after the competition, based on availability
Book Online: https://bit.ly/2Gndenx
Reservation booking deadline: April 15, 2019
$50 administration fee +
$20 per person Senior Team
Registration closes Friday, April 26th, 2019, 11:59PM EST. April 27th to May 3rd double fees apply, May 4th to May 10th triple fees apply plus $200.
Wheelchair Fencing Schedule
*Exact start times along with the entries and seeding will be posted the week of April 29th following the close of registration.
PROCEDURE FOR THE ENTRY OF A COMPETITOR IN MORE THAN ONE EVENT
Athletes may not take part in two (2) or more events in the same day unless their participation in the initial event has concluded prior to close registration/confirmation of any subsequent event. Athletes entering multiple events on the same day do so at their own risk; no refunds shall be provided.
Cancellation of entry due to a medical condition: Full refund of EVENT fees, provided the CFF organizers are notified at least 48 hours prior to the event and a doctor’s certificate is submitted.
CFF MEMBERS MUST HOLD A NATIONAL CFF LICENCE NUMBER, VALIDATED BY THEIR PROVINCIAL ASSOCIATION. ONLY ATHLETES WHO ARE A CANADIAN CITIZEN OR A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS.
The event format can be found here: https://events.fencing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CFF-Canada-Cup-Tournament-Format-EN-Final.pdf
Senior Team Event:
- The fee to participate in the senior team event is $20 per person
- Team size will be 3-4 people depending on registration numbers
- Teams can be formed by submitting a team roster at the event in advance of the team competition, or by simply registering individually, with teams populated using the Senior Individual rankings.
- Team seeding will be based on the combined individual results from the Senior events
- Format will be determined based on number of entries
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 teams with additional prizing awarded to the top team.
- Participation is strongly encouraged as the team event is a priority within the CFF High Performance Program and may be made mandatory in the future for HP Program athletes.
CLOTHING STANDARDS FOR CFF HOSTED COMPETITIONS
CFF 2019 AWARDS & RECOGNITION GALA
On Saturday, May 18th, the Canadian Fencing Federation will host the 2019 Awards & Recognition Gala at the Hilton Quebec, Palais Room.
This special event is dedicated to acknowledging and celebrating Canadians who have made a significant impact, nationally and internationally, to the sport of fencing.
Cocktail Reception: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Dinner: 7:00 pm
Dress Code: No dress code in effect.
Tickets: $30.00 and can be purchased through the following link: 2019 Gala Tickets/Billets