Organized by the British-Columbia Fencing Association in partnership with the Dynamo Fencing club
Friday, September 27th – Sunday, September 29th, 2019
Richmond Olympic Oval
6111 River Road
For reservations and rates: https://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/Y/YVRAHHF-CCUP-20190926/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
|Group Name:||Canada Cup Fencing 2019|
|Hotel Name:||Hilton Vancouver Airport|
|Hotel Address:||5911 Minoru Blvd|
$50 administration fee +
$20 Cadet Team (Per person fee)
Registration closes September 5th 2019. Double fees apply from September 6th to September 12th and triple fees apply September 13th to 19th.
Preliminary schedule, please note that it is not final and subject to change. Exact start times will be added soon after the deadline of September 5th. Athletes should plan their travel for an 8 am start for morning events and a 12 pm start for afternoon events.
PROCEDURE FOR THE ENTRY OF A COMPETITOR IN MORE THAN ONE EVENT
Athletes may not take part in two (2) or more events in the same day unless their participation in the initial event has concluded prior to close registration/confirmation of any subsequent event. Athletes entering multiple events on the same day do so at their own risk; no refunds shall be provided.
Cancellation of entry due to a medical condition: Full refund of EVENT fees, provided the CFF organizers are notified at least 48 hours prior to the event and a doctor’s certificate is submitted.
PARTICIPANTS MUST HOLD A NATIONAL CFF LICENCE NUMBER, VALIDATED BY THEIR PROVINCIAL ASSOCIATION.
Where available, a provincial competitive membership is required in order to compete, in the Canada Cup. Please note that licenses for the new season will be available through the CFF or your PSO as of August 15, 2019. Participants can register for the Canada Cup at any time without a new license but must purchase the CFF license by September 12th to be eligible for the competition. For any questions regarding licences please contact Memberships@fencing.ca.
The event format can be found here: Canada Cup/Nationals Tournament Format
Cadet Team Event:
- The fee to participate in the cadet team event is $20 per person
- Team size will be 3-4 people depending on registration numbers
- Teams can be formed by submitting a team roster at the event in advance of the team competition, or by simply registering individually, with teams populated using the Cadet Individual rankings/results.
- Team seeding will be based on the combined individual results from the Cadet events
- Format will be determined based on number of entries
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 teams with additional prizing awarded to the top team.
- Participation is strongly encouraged as the team event is a priority within the CFF High Performance Program and may be made mandatory in the future for HP Program athletes.
CLOTHING STANDARDS FOR CFF HOSTED COMPETITIONS
The event clothing standards can be found here: CFF Domestic Competition Equipment Standards
Soft Chest Plate Covers:
The CFF Armourers have considered the verification options for the soft chest plate covers required in foil. Currently there is no independent, standardized method or test that armourers can use at the competition site to verify the specification of 4mm thickness and density of 22Kg/m3 (m4.c).
Therefore, only those covers validated through a third party will be allowed.
At this point in time chest plate covers in foil must bear the homologation mark of the FIE to be accepted at Canada Cup events.
Chest plate covers must be the same size as the underlying plastic or metal chest plate, to ensure no voids exist between the two items.
By registering for this CFF event, I consent to the following conditions:
- I consent to the assigned event medical staff attending, diagnosing and treating an injury that occurs on the piste during competition. I agree that this information will be recorded and tracked for my events. I agree that if the assigned medical staff determine that I cannot continue to compete, I will be withdrawn from the event
- I verify that I meet the age (upper and lower year of birth) and other event criteria for all the events I have entered. I acknowledge that I will be withdrawn from events that I am ineligible to compete in.