2018 CANADA CUP – U15, Cadet, Junior, U23, Senior, Veterans (40+), Wheelchair
Organized by the Canadian Fencing Federation, in partnership with the Quebec Fencing Federation and the Estoc Fencing Club of Quebec.
Friday, January 19th – Sunday, January 21st, 2018
Québec City Convention Centre
1000, boul. René-Lévesque Est
Québec (Québec) G1R 5T8
690 Rene-Levesque Blvd East
Quebec, QC G1R 5A8
For the convenience of participants, the Delta Québec is connected directly to the Québec City Convention Centre.
- $129/night (Single/Double)
- $149/night (Triple)
- $169 (Quad)
Hotel room rates per room per night are in Canadian funds and are subject to applicable taxes (currently 3.5% Housing Tax, 5% GST and 9.975% PST) in effect at the time of check out.
To reserve online: http://bit.ly/2ibiTA4
To reserve by phone: 1-844-860-3756 Group Code: Canadian Fencing Federation
Hotel reservation deadline: January 5, 2018.
$50 administration fee +
$20 per person – Junior Team
Registration closes Friday, December 29, 11:59PM EST. December 30th to Jan. 5th double fees apply. No registrations will be accepted after January 5th, 2018.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 19
Morning: SWF, JWE, SME, CWS, Jr Team WE, CMF, U23 MF, WC-1
Afternoon: U23 WS, SMS, Jr Team ME, VME, VWE, U15 WF, U15 MS
WheelChair-1: MS Cat A, MS Cat B, WS Cat A, WS Cat B, Open Sabre
SATURDAY, JANUARY 20
Morning: SWE, JWF, JWS, SMF, CME, CMS, WC-2
Afternoon: Jr Team WS, U23 ME, Jr Team WF, U23 MS, VMF, VWF, U15 WE, U15MF
Wheelchair-2: ME Cat A, ME Cat B, WE Cat A, WE Cat B, Open Epee
SUNDAY, JANUARY 21
Morning: JME, JMF, JMS, U23 WE, CWF
Afternoon: Vet MS, VWS, CWE, U23 WF, SWS, Jr Team MS, U15 WS, U15 ME
- Registration will close three weeks prior to event (December 29, 2017)
- Entry list, ranking and start times to be published two weeks prior to event. (January 5, 2018)
- Appeals of registration and rankings open until one week prior to event (January 12, 2018). No changes after that time.
PROCEDURE FOR THE ENTRY OF A COMPETITOR IN MORE THAN ONE EVENT
Athletes may not take part in two (2) or more events in the same day unless their participation in the initial event has concluded prior to close registration/confirmation of any subsequent event. Athletes entering multiple events on the same day do so at their own risk; no refunds shall be provided.
Cancellation of entry due to a medical condition: Full refund of EVENT fees, provided the CFF organizers are notified at least 48 hours prior to the event and a doctor’s certificate is submitted.
CFF MEMBERS MUST HOLD A NATIONAL CFF LICENCE NUMBER, VALIDATED BY THEIR PROVINCIAL ASSOCIATION.
The event format can be found here: Canada Cup/Nationals Tournament Format
Junior Team Event:
- The fee to participate in the junior team event is $20 per person
- The event will take place after the completion of the individual event according to the schedule
- Team size will be 3-4 people depending on registration numbers
- Teams can be formed by submitting a team roster at the event in advance of the team competition, or by simply registering individually, with teams populated using the Junior Individual rankings.
- Team seeding will be based on the combined individual results from the Junior Canada Cup
- Format will be determined based on number of entries
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 teams with additional prizing awarded to the top team.
- Participation is strongly encouraged as the team event is a priority within the CFF High Performance Program and may be made mandatory in the future for HP Program athletes.
CLOTHING STANDARDS FOR CFF HOSTED COMPETITIONS
The event clothing standards can be found here: CFF Domestic Competition Equipment Standards