Organized by the Canadian Fencing Federation, in partnership with the Brock University Varsity Fencing Team and Niagara Swords Fencing Club.
Friday, May 18th – Monday, May 21st, 2018 (Four days)
Walker Sports Complex
1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way, St Catharines, ON, L2S 3A1
Parking at the venue will be complimentary for fencing participants.
$50 administration fee +
$20 per person Senior Team
Registration closes April 27th, 11:59PM EST. April 28th to May 4th double fees apply, May 5th to May 11th triple fees apply + $200.
** Revised Schedule May 4, 2018:
** Link to entries, seeding and future live results:
Must be verified by May 11th with no appeals possible after that date.
** May 7 Update to Participants: http://events.fencing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CFF-Participant-Info-2018.docx
** May 15 Update to Participants: http://events.fencing.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/CFF-Participant-Info-2018-Nationals-2.docx
Procedure for the entry of a competitor in more than one event
Athletes may not take part in two (2) or more events in the same day unless their participation in the initial event has concluded prior to close of registration/confirmation of any subsequent event. Athletes entering multiple events on the same day do so at their own risk; no refunds shall be provided.
Cancellation of entry due to a medical condition: full refund of EVENT fees, provided the CFF organizers are notified at least 48 hours prior to the event and a doctor’s certificate is submitted.
CFF MEMBERS MUST HOLD A NATIONAL CFF LICENCE NUMBER, VALIDATED BY THEIR PROVINCIAL ASSOCIATION. ONLY ATHLETES WHO ARE A CANADIAN CITIZEN OR A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS. NO REFUND FOR INVALID REGISTRATIONS. PROOF OF CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY MAY BE REQUESTED DURING CHECK-IN.
Senior Team Event:
- The fee to participate in the senior team event is $20 per person
- Team size will be 3-4 people depending on registration numbers
- Teams can be formed by submitting a team roster at the event in advance of the team competition, or by simply registering individually, with teams populated using the Senior Individual rankings.
- Team seeding will be based on the combined individual results from the Senior events
- Format will be determined based on number of entries
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 teams with additional prizing awarded to the top team.
- Participation is strongly encouraged as the team event is a priority within the CFF High Performance Program and may be made mandatory in the future for HP Program athletes.
CLOTHING STANDARDS FOR CFF HOSTED COMPETITIONS
The event clothing standards can be found here: CFF Domestic Competition Equipment Standards
Two options – Brock University Residence or Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites:
A block of rooms has been reserved for the Canadian Fencing Federation Championships in Lowenberger Residence at Brock University. Stay steps away from the event venue!
The residence offers single and double guest rooms. Each is furnished with single beds, desk, dresser and wardrobe. One 4-piece washroom is accessible from the adjoining double and the single guest rooms. An elevator is located in the residence lobby for convenient access to all floors.
Rate: $65 per bed per night plus HST. Parking is complimentary for all guests using overnight accommodations in specified lots.
To book accommodations, please email Sonya Forsey, Conference Coordinator at email@example.com or call 905-688-5550 x 4072.
Start your day off right with our full breakfast buffet!
You will be greeted in the Lowenberger Dining Hall in the morning with a full all-you-care-to-eat buffet breakfast. The breakfast buffet includes eggs, selection of protein, breakfast potatoes, grains, fresh fruit, and assortment of pastries, juices, coffee and tea.
The breakfast buffet is offered at a cost of $10.25 per guest plus HST.
FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON ST. CATHARINES NIAGARA SUITES
*** THIS HOTEL IS CURRENTLY FULL ***
3530 Schmon Parkway, Thorold, ON, L2V 4Y6
**All reservations are subject to a 3 night minimum**
- $139/night (Single/Double) – Standard Double Suite – Two double beds + living room with pull out sofa + kitchenette (approx. 550 sq.ft.)
- An additional charge of $15 plus tax will be applied for each additional adult guest (18+) in the room to a maximum occupancy of 6 people.
The above rates are per suite, per night, quoted in Canadian funds, based on single or double occupancy,
and are subject to 13% HST and 3%DMP.
- Online: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/CF18
- Phone: Hailey LeDrew, Sales Coordinator, Four Points by Sheraton, 1 905 984 8484 x 1811 Group Code: Canadian Fencing Federation
Reservation deadline: April 27, 2018.
Single King $119 +plus taxes
Double Queen $119 +plus taxes
To book, call or email (905) 687-8890 and use booking code Fencing Nationals
AIR CANADA Discount
Air Canada is the official airline of the Canadian Fencing National Championships. Book with Air Canada anywhere in Canada or US to Toronto with eligible Tango or greater fares and receive a minimum of a 10% discount using the booking code: 4QRFXNR1
Transportation from Airports
Niagara Airbus is offering a special discount to participants of the 2018 Nationals. Transport can be arranged from/to the following four area airports to/from the host accommodations noted above.
- Toronto Pearson (Travel time: 70 mins)
- Toronto Billy Bishop (Travel time: 75 mins)
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport (Travel time: 55 mins)
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (Travel time: 55 mins)
Booking Code for 20% Discount: 506
For all online AIRPORT reservations, please use the following information:
In your internet browser, simply go to www.niagaraairbus.com
Please have the following ready:
- Dates of travel
- Airline and flight number information—we require the airline and flight number of the flight that arrives/departs
- Name of the hotel you are staying at in Niagara
- Valid credit card number and expiry date and CVV security code to at least guarantee the reservation.
In order to receive your special pricing, on the first page, make your choice in the service type called Airport Service choose “shuttle shared ride” or “Exclusive Private Car” Choose your origin and destination and click on one way or round trip, then enter your conference code assigned specific to your group and click on “book now”. Pricing for this choice will automatically be discounted, based on the code you are using.
The next few screens gather information we require to provide you with the appropriate pickup times etc. The pickup and drop off information pages contain list boxes from which you can simply choose your hotel …. Our system will then fill in the address information.
On the Payment screen, choose to pay for your reservation with a credit card. Simply ensure “credit card” is ticked off, and enter the information. If you would prefer to pay the driver, click on “Cash to driver” and then you must fill out the credit card information. When this is the case, we do not charge your card, but we do pre-authorize the amount of the reservation, to ensure we have a valid credit card for guarantee purposes.
Please then click (only once) the “Submit” button. It will provide a confirmation number, which you can print as your receipt, or choose to receive an email confirmation of the reservation.
Should anyone require further assistance with the on-line system, they should contact our Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our reservations agents at 905-374-8111.
CFF 2018 Awards & Recognition Gala
On Saturday, May 19th, the Canadian Fencing Federation will host the 2018 Awards & Recognition Gala at Brock University.
This special event is dedicated to acknowledging and celebrating Canadians who have made a significant impact, nationally and internationally, to the sport of fencing.
Cocktail Reception: 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Dinner: 7:00 pm
NEW! Dance: 9:00 pm – 12:00 am
Dress Code: No dress code in effect.
Tickets: $25.00 and can be purchased: CFF 2018 Awards & Recognition Gala